Posts Tagged ‘aadhaar uid’
What is the difference between UID and Aadhar?
Both are same, UID project is known as AADHAAR which means ‘support’ or ‘foundation’.
What is Aadhar?
Aadhaar is a 12 digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India. This number will serve as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident in India and satisfies the verification process laid down by the UIDAI can enroll for Aadhaar.
Each individual needs to enroll only once which is free of cost.
Each Aadhaar number will be unique to an individual and will remain valid for life. Aadhaar number will help you provide access to services like banking, mobile phone connections and other Govt and Non-Govt services in due course.
How to Apply for Aadhar?
If you want to get this UID (I am planning to apply for one, as I hear UID is being made mandatory for certain services like, gas connection, EPF etc.) then here’s what you need to do:
Aadhaar enrollment is free so you need not pay anyone for this. You need to go to one of the authorized Aadhaar enrollment center anywhere in India with your identity and address proof.
UIDAI process accepts 18 PoI (Proof of Identity) and 33 PoA (Proof of Address) documents and below is the list of nationally valid list of documents:
Supported PoI Documents Containing Name and Photo:
- PAN Card
- Ration/ PDS Photo Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID Cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- NREGS Job Card
- Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution
- Arms License
- Photo Bank ATM Card
- Photo Credit Card
- Pensioner Photo Card
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- Kissan Photo Passbook
- CGHS / ECHS Photo Card
- Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
Supported PoA Documents Containing Name and Address
- Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
- NREGS Job Card
- Arms License
- Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Kissan Passbook
- CGHS / ECHS Card
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) Income Tax Assessment Order
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Passport of Spouse
- Passport of Parents(in case of Minor)
Supported PoR Documents containing Relationship details to Head of Family
- PDS Card
- MNREGA Job Card
- CGHS/State Government/ECHS/ESIC Medical card
- Pension Card
- Army Canteen Card
- Birth Certificate issued by Registrar of Birth, Municipal Corporation and other notified local government bodies like Taluk, Tehsil etc.
- Any other Central/State government issued family entitlement document.
Supported Proof of DoB Documents
- Birth Certificate
- SSLC Book/Certificate
- Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead
When you are going to apply for Aadhaar Card then make sure that you must have below stuff ready,
1.ID Proof (Your ID Proof can be Pan Card, Driving Licence, Passport etc).
2.Address Proof (It could be Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill etc).
Common proofs of identity and address are election photo ID card, Ration card, passport and driving license. Photo ID cards like PAN card and Govt ID cards are permissible for identity proof. Address proof documents also include water – electricity – telephone bills from the last three months.
In case you do not have above common proofs, Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead is also accepted as PoI. Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA /Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead or by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) is accepted as valid PoA.
Where to apply for Aadhaar card?
You need to go to one of the official Aadhaar enrollment center in India to get your Aadhaar card done.
Use the link below to find out your nearest Aadhaar enrollment center details based on your location:
At the enrollment center you need to fill the Aadhaar application form. At the center fingerprints, photograph and iris scan will be done to feed into database. A temporary slip with enrollment number will be provided as an acknowledgement.
Based on your documents your details will be verified and in case if all comes right an Aadhaar number will be send to your address.
Here you can look up the sample Aadhaar enrollment form:
You can also download the enrollment form here
Apply Online and get Appointment for Aadhaar Enrollment:
If you want you can apply online and take an appointment. Below is the link for online Appointment for Aadhaar enrollment at your nearest aadhaar enrollment center
Note: Online Booking of Appointment for Aadhaar Enrollments has been started on a trial basis at selected Enrollment Centers.
More details about this online Appointment for Aadhaar Enrollment please visit below link,
How to Check your Aadhaar Enrollment Status
You can check the status of your Aadhaar enrollment online. To check your Aadhaar card status, you need the enrollment number, date and time. You can find these details on the acknowledgement copy issued at the Aadhaar enrollment center.
Hope you find this information useful and get your UID soon 🙂